Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- This is a coding role with a strong understanding of our product's architecture and cloud infrastructure with the goal to use automation to accelerate delivery and drive down costs.?
- Work closely and team with Developers, Security Engineers, Architects and Cloud Operations to develop and maintain our highly scalable DevOps automation framework, technologies and feedback tools.?
- Ensure that each phase of the product lifecycle from product management, through development, QA, Staging and into Production is fully automated, as frictionless as possible utilizing CI and CD.
- Provide metrics and dashboards into KPIs for tools and infrastructure while continuously improving monitoring, self-healing, etc.
- Code proactive infrastructure changes utilizing Infrastructure as Code ensuring they are architected to implement 99.9% uptime and elastic scalability.
- Establish and maintain the infrastructure to support automated unit, system and load testing.
- Ensure information security best practices and policies are implemented in your designs.?
- Model the cloud infrastructure costs of new candidate releases.?
- Take an active part in a culture that is nimble, energized, customer centric as is typical in a leading SaaS company.?
Position Requirements :??
A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer or operations engineer using languages such as Ruby, Python, Shell scripting, and/or Powershell, with at least 2 years setting up AWS environments for a SaaS company.?
Demonstrated Proficiency and knowledge of:?
- Cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Network engineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN's).?
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.?
- Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS.?
- Tools such as:?Packer.io, evident.io, consol.io, terraform.io.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technology stacks.
- Application Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, New Relic, Copper Egg.?
- Release Engineering tools like Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Travis.?
- System test tools such as Selenium, QTP, Watir.?
- Log Management and Analytic Platforms such as Splunk, Sumo Logic, ELK
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model.?
- Strong understanding of command-line tools and distributed version control systems such as GIT, GitFlow, SVN, TFS.
- Knowledge of relational and document databases.?
- Ideal experience in the delivery of large, complex solutions, ideally ERP's.?
- Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.?
- A engineer who is smart, passionate, energetic and results focused.?
- Rabid love for driving Continuous Improvement?
An undergraduate degree in computer science is preferred.? AWS certification(s) are a large plus.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
Kyung R.VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top