Desktop Engineer / Sr. Desktop Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Professional presence and excellent communication skills
- Proven experience working with executives (supporting meetings/technical needs)
- Proven experience on ticket management (updates/SLA's/closure)
- PC imaging, configuration, troubleshooting, and support (Windows 8, 8.1, 10, OSX).
- Support of Outlook, MS Office 365, PC Encryption software, Printers, PCs, Mac, Mobile Devices and other IT supported devices, repair and maintenance and all Ellucian specific applications.
- Experience with cloud technologies (Box, Blue Jeans, and Office365)
- Remote user support including - VPN installation and configuration
- Testing new releases of software, Operating Systems, hardware, and peripherals.
- Knowledge in PC support tools (i.e. SCCM, OSD, TeamViewer, and TEM).
- Take on and resolve complex calls or tasks the other technicians could not resolve.
- Working knowledge Audio Visual and Video teleconferencing
- Responsible for learning and working independently.
- Responsible for providing excellent support and timely service.
- Being a team leader in the support of Ellucian customers and call resolution.
- Providing IT support across the Ellucian organization.
- Taking on and resolving "Tier 2" requests and Incidents.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Process improvement through automation and the use of technology.
- Being a leader on the Technical Services Team.
- Other duties as assigned
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top