Consultant - BI Reporting
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
The'Consultant- BI Reporting'Consultant will:
- Connect with business users to understand the reporting needs and build/demonstrate prototypes that may suit the user needs
- Develop and test the reports (requested by the business users) using various reporting tools like SSRS , Cognos , OBIEE , Argos etc
- Migration of reports from one reporting tool to another. This involves understanding/clarifying the requirements for the existing reports and rebuilding the same in a new reporting tool
- Debugging the issues with the existing reports and provide the appropriate fixes
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about reporting applications. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise applications
- Prepare documents related to requirements and specifications for conversion, reporting, interfaces and custom applications.
- Write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent degree program.
- Overall 4 - 7 years of experience. With 4 + years of relevant experience in the area of reports development
- Working experience with any of these reporting tools : SSRS , OBIEE , Argos
- Strong Data Warehousing concepts (Facts , Dimensions ,Hierarchies , Aggregate tables , Dimensional Data Modelling etc)
- Strong experience of SQL queries and performance tuning
- Prior experience of directly working with the business users for gathering the requirements , prototype demonstrations etc
- Willing to learn new technologies to serve the ever changing customer needs
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artifacts as needed
- Develop accurate and comprehensive test plans and execute tests according to plans.
Career Function:Client Services and Consulting
Career Level :Mid-Career
Hiring Manager Name:Mahantesh Halejolad
Recruiter Name:Naveen Crasta
Employee Class:Regular Employee
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top