Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
In the Compensation Manager role, you will be a trusted advisor supporting the development, implementation, and administration of U.S. and Global compensation programs including base pay, incentive, sales, equity & systems for employees to ensure effectiveness and compliance. You will become a business partner alongside HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Partners, Finance and Management in making compensation decisions. Analysis and participation of salary surveys to partner with the business to budget, plan and prioritize compensation strategy to enhance the organization's ability to maintain a competitive edge by attracting and retaining highly qualified talent. In addition, you will manage in the be a trusted advisor administration of the annual merit increase cycle for the organization.
- Manages compensation programs for Ellucian, including the development/maintenance of base salary ranges and incentive targets for the Company's various business lines.
- Partners with HR Business partner to analyze jobs, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of pay practices
- Conducts proactive competitive analysis and recommends program enhancements as necessary in line with job architecture and market trends.
- Owns projects, such as salary budget planning and developing/maintaining job architecture, salary structures and equity process
- Owns the Company's compensation review processes (annual and mid-year compensation & promotion cycles, quarterly equity grant cycles).
- Partner with finance to ensure accruals are accurate and administer equity programs
- Partner with sales operations to develop strategic approach for effective sales commission plans
- Develop & deliver compensation-related training programs communication and materials
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and reports
- Determine Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) classification for new and current positions in partnership with legal
- 7-9 years of experience in a compensation partner role
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation practices & equity packages with an ability to provide guidance to leaders and employees through a consultative approach
- Experience with compensation market analysis, design software and benchmarking tools such as MarketPay
- Experienced administering annual salary and incentive processes within a matrixed; global environment.
- Ability to make recommendations for a senior management
- Highly effective project management skills with an ability to work on and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical and structured thinker with a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Data driven mentality with a bias towards thoughtful action
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills, possessing the ability to interface with audiences of all levels throughout the organization
- Advanced Excel & Power Point skills with previous work experience within HRMS systems (Success Factors desired)
- BA/BS required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), GRP certification preferred
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail with focus on accuracy and ability to provide fast turnaround when needed
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top