Cloud Engineer, Senior (Network)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
At Ellucian, we are seeking new talent to join our Cloud team. So, if you are a trained, motivatedNetwork Engineerwith Cloud experience(AWS) and are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity!
You will work with diverse technologies on a team of highly skilled Network Engineers responsible for the end-to-end ownershipof the design, deployment, sustainability, performance, tuning, security and day-to-day operations of our current and next generation infrastructure networks.You willbuild tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available infrastructure.Oneof your initial initiatives will be supporting the migration of our hosted clients to AWS and maintain, monitor and operate the networks.You will be responsible for documenting yourticketsand projects, along with crafting troubleshooting guides and establishing best operating practices. You will work withexternal vendors to diagnose problems. Additionally, the Network team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it grows. Thisisa mix of engineering andoperations role with strong customerfocusfor a global, world-class SaaS provider operating 24x7x365.
- 5+ years ofenterprise scaleNetwork operations experience
- 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS Certification a strong plus.
- Proficient withdeployment andmanagementof AWS services - including but not limited to: VPC, Route 53, ELB, EBS, EC2, S3
- AWSDirect Connect experience strongly preferred
- Experience in multi-region, multi-tenant environments a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration in large datacenter environment-DNS/DHCP, Load Balancing (F5 Networks, AWS ELB), Firewalls (Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks), IDS/IPS, IPSEC VPN)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience implementing dynamicIP routingprotocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS)
- Excellent network latency analysis, performance monitoring and troubleshooting skills
- Good automation scripting ability (Bash/Shell, Python)
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience in enterprise scale networks within cloud environment delivering SaaS solutions
- ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools (ServiceNow)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing business needs
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams
- Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- Linux systems administration
- Experience with IP Address Management (IPAM) systems (Infoblox)
- Network health monitoring tools(CloudWatch, SolarWinds, LogicMonitor)
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
Kyung R.VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top