Cloud Engineer (Monitoring with Scripting & AWS experience)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
At Ellucian, we are seeking new talent to join our Cloud team. If you are a trained, motivatedCloud Engineerwith Monitoring, AWS and strong scripting experienceand are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity!
As a Cloud Engineer, you have a key hands-on role within the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) in designing, configuring, integrating and deploying monitoring solutions across our global cloud infrastructure. Your strength lies in writing code to create new custom monitors and automate monitoring deployments. You will provide engineering and operational support for the existing monitoring and platform tools to measure and improve our customer uptime objectives. You will be responsible for documenting yourtickets and projects, along with establishing best operating practices. The position provides an opportunity to participate in an energetic and fast paced environment using the latest in technology. Thisis a mix of engineering and operations role with strong customerfocusfor a global, world-class SaaS provider operating 24x7x365.
- Design and deploy production monitoring tools and components across our global cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with R&D and Cloud Engineering & Delivery teams in gathering monitoring requirements and crafting solutions to fill gaps in the monitoring space including self-healing and automated incident resolution
- Support development and automation of the full life-cycle of systems and applications monitoring and alerting through API's
- Provide engineering and operational support for the existing monitoring tools
- Provide dashboards and views into overall health of applications and systems
- Test and validate monitors are producing accurate results
- Develop, document, and socialize monitoring and alerting standards and best practices
- Provide training to delivery teams on use of existing technologies, processes and procedures
RequiredExperience/Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in SaaS based companies
- 1+ years of hands-on operational experience with AWS (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, IAM, SQS, etc.)
- 2+ years of engineering experience with enterprise monitoring tools such asLogic Monitor, Datadog, SolarWinds, Nagios, Splunk, PagerDuty, etc.
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools such as AppDynamics and NewRelic a plus
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies a plus
- Automation and configuration management using Ansible and Terraform; andsource code management tools (git)
- Solid knowledge of monitoring as related to Linux & Windows systems, web applications & web services, networking
- Programming experience (Python/Groovy/PowerShell/Ruby/Java);serverless applications using AWS Lambda a plus
- Good understanding of automated deployments
- A desire to resolve problems and not just incidents or events. We're looking for the tenacity to quickly delve to the root of the problem, understand why it happened, and prevent it in the future
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools (Service Now)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams
- Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- AWS Certification
- Logic Monitor Certified Professional (a plus)
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 (a plus)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Back to top