Employee Type: Full - Time
In light of COVID-19, we recognize the uncertainty that you are probably experiencing right now on how to balance your work and home life commitments while also looking for a new job! Please know that we understand, as we're trying to figure it out too!
To ensure the health and well-being of our employees, we are requiring all employees to work remotely at this time. While you may not be able to meet your team in person yet, the good news is we are still interviewing & hiring as we have always had a supportive & flexible global and remote culture that creates great connections through Zoom & Slack.
We believe in the #poweroftogether.
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our Cloud Database Engineering team. So if you are a well-trained and motivated database administrator or engineer with strong AWS and scripting experience and are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity! As a Cloud Database Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct root cause analyses of poor performance and instability of database systems that are escalated from Tier 2 Support teams.
- Design, develop, and document processes, procedures, and tools for diagnosing and fixing known bugs and problems, for improving efficiency, and for automating common tasks.
- Analyze changes in each database version release, hot fix, or service pack and update the existing documents, processes, procedures, and tools to make sure that they continue to work with these changes.
- Document and escalate database related application issues with detailed analyses to the Product Development teams.
- Install, configure, upgrade, migrate, backup, restore, troubleshoot, and tune a large number of database systems in a 24x7 production environments.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Applications teams on efforts to improve database performance, stability, and availability.
- Install, setup, and configure third party tools for collecting and analyzing database performance and stability issues.
- Write standard operating procedures and train database administrators and support engineers to perform new tasks and use new tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up, restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning Microsoft SQL Server databases in a large 24x7 production environment.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting SQL Server database performance using native tools such Profiler, Activity Monitor, Data Collector, Dynamic Management Views, Extended Events, and Performance Monitor.
- 1+ years of experience in developing automation tools using PowerShell, Perl, PHP, Python, or Ruby for a large production environment with 1,00+ servers.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
- AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Solutions Architect.
- Experience in maintaining Microsoft CRM databases.
- Experience with Oracle.
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3.
- Experience in supporting, maintaining, or using Ellucian products such as Banner and Colleague.
- Experience in web-based application development using Python, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, and Nginx.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
Kyung R.VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top