Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- 4+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux administration 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Windows and SQL Server knowledge preferred. Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery
- System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk) Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing. Windows and SQL Server knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving Enterprise scale cloud environment delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools (Service Now)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned specializations.
- Publish, improve and maintain technical documentation along with processes and procedures.
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or related field AWS Certification preferred ITIL Foundation Certification preferred Multi-region, multi-tenant SaaS/PaaS environment
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top