Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
At Ellucian, we are seeking new talent to join our Cloud Ops team. So if you are a trained, motivated Windows Systems Engineer with strong Active Directory and PowerShell scripting experience and are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity!
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support for AWS Windows-based hosts and their services, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving problems, along with collaborating with DevOps engineers to improve the platform. You will be responsible for documenting your tickets and projects, along with establishing best operating practices. This is a mix of engineering and operations role with strong customer focus for a global, world-class SaaS provider operating 24x7x365.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise scale Windows server administration
• Expertise in managing Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), Distributed File System (DFS), Domain Controllers DHCP, Group policy management
• Advanced PowerShell scripting
• Experience working with Windows networking and high availability technologies such as failover clustering and load balancing
• Administration of web servers running IIS, Apache, Tomcat
• Experience with system health monitoring and optimizing performance
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Experience in enterprise scale cloud environment delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions
• Experience in multi-region, multi-tenant environment a plus
• ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools (Service Now)
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs
• As required, work weekend coverage (shifted 5 day work week) and/or handle critical incidents after hours through an on-call model.
• 1+ year of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: Windows AMIs, EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Microsoft Professional
• AWS Certification a plus
• ITIL Foundation Certification v3 (a plus)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top