Cloud Application Administrator
- Puebla, Mexico
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Application Administrators at Ellucian perform delivery of contracted services for our Cloud customers. Ellucian cloud leverages the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework in executing our day to day work; this includes request fulfillment (planned work), change management, incident management and problem management. Delivery of contracted services includes day to day hands-on keyboard work based on established ITSM standards, architecture standards, methods of procedures and troubleshooting standards.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or similar.
- Oracle products administration
- Execute assigned tasks without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle & RHEL tasks
- Oracle Fusion Middleware and Weblogic
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience troubleshooting application and service issues, implementing and communicating technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience to resolve issues and restore service quickly
- Possesses the tenacity to delve to the root of the issue quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it in the future
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members to achieve successful customer outcomes
- Strong verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail
- ITIL v3 or v4 certification.
- AWS Solution architect or Practitioner certification.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner ERP product: Banner 8/9 Administration, Self-Service, Job Submission, Database & Banner 9/XE Administration
- Banner Enterprise Identity Services
- Ellucian Identify Service
- Banner Event Publisher
- Banner Recruiter Integration Manager
- Ellucian Payment Center by TouchNet
- Banner Document Management
- Evisions suite (Argos, FormFusion, Intellecheck)
- Banner Enterprise Job Schedule by Automic (UC4)
- Banner Flexible Registration
- Integration for eLearning
- Integration for eProcurement
- Ellucian Degree Works
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
Kyung R.VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top