Business Analyst (Open to Remote-US)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Accepting applications for REMOTE based candidates in the U.S.
AsStudent Business Analyston the R&D Platform Solutions team, your role will be central in the development of integration solutions which are critical to the next generation of Student products from Ellucian. You will produce product requirements, data mapping and API specifications, and you will facilitate critical decisions about how multiple consumers and authoritative sources will engage in the Student realm of Higher Education. Usinginterviews, solution analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, data mapping, use cases, functional specifications, task and workflow analysis as well as your own experience in the field, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to reach design decisions about unique solutions to industry problems, analyze information needs for data analytics, and assess functional requirements to reach common solutions that work best in a distributed processing environment.
You will be instrumental in your work with the Development and QA team to implement and test functional requirements, defect corrections and enhancements for existing and proposed software solutions. You will assist in testing existing and proposed solutions, and in the development of customer-focused content (Online Resources, User Guides, Training Materials, stakeholder presentations, etc.) for software solutions as well as analyze and review integration requirements for future third party implementations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years in businessanalysis, solution requirements, or other business analystor consulting role
- MUST haveBannerStudent, implementation support or consulting role
- Analytic skills required, including the ability to interpret customer needs into functionaland operational requirements
- Performing functional analysis on business systems for software solution development
- Disparate information systems, facilitating comparative analysis (including non-Ellucian solutions)
- Gathering information via use cases and user stories
- Process design, system, gap, and impact analysis
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of JSON and/or data modeling
- Data Analytics and/or Data Warehousing experience
- Agile methodologies
- Writing user stories, test cases
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Use of Banner Student where localized functionality has been implemented
- Functional knowledge of SQL
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top