Business Analyst, Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Business Analyst / Business Intelligence
Are we looking for you? You are passionate about data and have some great Tableau analytics experience, but you're looking for more. You'd like the opportunity to join an organization that is building a suite of portfolio metrics dashboards that measures the health and performance of our broad set of Solutions. You have a consultative personality and enjoy working with stakeholders from across the business to understand data sources and gather requirements. You are a self-starter, able to work independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for the design, development, and continuous improvement of actionable metrics/dashboards/trend analysis that enable the business to make data-based decisions.
- Develop and maintain operational reports/dashboards and associated analysis to drive better decision-making and prioritization within the product portfolio
- Engage with senior operating leadership across many functional areas as a proactive, trusted business advisor to enable better decision-making and operational performance for improved business outcomes
- Develop a deep understanding of key business drivers & associated operations
- Scrutinize planning assumptions and develop alternatives
- Identify under-performing areas of the portfolio or gaps in current portfolio; contribute to business case recommendations and operational improvements
- Provide ad-hoc modeling, analysis and reporting for all lines of business
- Act as the 'single source of truth' for business operations and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work closely with Product Management leadership and key stakeholders to design and build reporting and analysis tools that result in more efficient reporting, analyzing, planning and forecasting
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for continuous improvement (planning/reporting and operational) across the business
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues within reports
- Perform data mining to support business case development, customer, market segmentation
- Work closely with Ellucian IT and others to fix performance bottlenecks in reporting
- Monitor and contribute to improvement of team performance metrics
- Develop monthly and quarterly reporting for the PM team on strategic performance; provide high value-added analytical support to facilitate strategic decisions for senior management
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as needed
- 4 or more years of business analysis leveraging a combination of Tableau, SQL Queries, Relational Databases, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access to develop well-organized and insightful reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations in support of strategic, tactical, and operational business decisions
- 4 or more years of experience with data discovery/business intelligence tools such as SSRS, Tableau, Google Analytics, QlikView, etc.
- Demonstrated experience fulfilling ad-hoc data requests by querying enterprise size databases and other sources
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing operational and financial Key Performance Indicators in simple business terms and turn conclusions into stories that operators can understand and respond to
- Practical experience drawing conclusions from quantitative and qualitative analysis, to develop business solutions
- Knowledge of statistical methods and techniques, and complex data analyses a plus (data mining , regression analysis, decision trees)
- Structured thinkerwith a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly effective project management skills with an ability to work on and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Results and execution oriented with a bias towards thoughtful action; flexible and collaborative
- Creative problem solver with a healthy mix of intellectual agility and curiosity
- Talent for storytelling through qualitative and quantitative data analytics
- Ability to communicate complex subject material to executive audiences in a clear and actionable manner
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills, possessing the ability to interface with audiences of all levels throughout the organization
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, or similar quantitative
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top