Banner Student Consultant
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
This position is for a consultant with a solid background in higher education and specific work experience with the Enrollment, Curriculum, Registration and Records management as well as the functional configuration and application of Banner Student by Ellucian to support Student Services operations.
The consultant in this role will serve as a trusted advisor to our customers by providing on-site and remote consulting/support to Ellucian's Banner Student modules; a successful candidate should also have demonstrable experience in one or more of Ellucian's Banner Student business processes: Managing Student Accounts Receivables, Managing Recruitment/Admissions; Managing Student Academics; Managing Student Advising and Registration; Creating and Managing Programs and Curriculum; Managing New Term and End of Term Processes. We have a collaborative team of consultants who push each other to grow, support each other in being authentic, and encourage each other to take on challenges as a way of bringing out the very best in each of us. We value qualities such as the ability to communicate effectively and credibly with both technical and functional staff as well as those responsible for the execution of day-to-day operations as well as those at the managerial and executive level.
• Consistently meets expectations and responds promptly and professionally to client requests, seeking guidance as appropriate.
• Leverages knowledge and prior experience to develop, present, and defend rational conclusions, recommendations and implementation strategies.
• Anticipates and resolves software problems and solves difficult challenges with only occasional need for assistance from others.
• Tracks formal questions and answers regarding requirements, business process, and desired outcomes.
• Communicates effectively internally through written reports, regular meetings and teleconferences, keeping management and coworkers apprised of software and customer issues that impact the successful and smooth deployment of Ellucian solutions.
• Travels routinely to customer sites to deliver services; travels periodically for internal training.
• Hands-on experience with the Banner Student by Ellucian
• A minimum of three years of experience working in a higher education environment, specifically within the area of Student Services
• Bachelor's degree from a Regionally Credited institution
• Ability to keep up with new Banner Student releases as they become available as well as the ability to train others on new functionality as related to releases demonstrated presentation skills and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to perform effectively in a work environment that requires hard work, has periods of tight deadlines, and where change is embraced as a method of continuous improvement.
• Experience working independently with little direction and still achieve goals as well as working remotely in a team environment via phone and other electronic communication tools
• Aptitude to learn new technologies and acumen to contribute to the innovation of service deliveries.
• Experience in the other modules of Banner and related business processes, including Banner Accounts Receivable, is highly preferred
• Previous experience with other Ellucian products, including CRM solutions, is highly preferred
• Experience driving change management initiatives across an organization
• SaaS Implementation Experience/Knowledge
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top