Banner Functional Consultant (Student & Financial Aid)
Employee Type: Full - Time
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the Ellucian Banner functional area processes related to Financial Aid, Admissions and Registration academic policies and procedures, and be capable of providing quality end-user consultation and support. Knowledge in one or more of these specific Banner functional areas is desired.
- Working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner ERP functional/technical environment.
- Facilitating business process review and application prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis and insight into best practice methodologies.
- Evaluating and adjusting where appropriate, the Ellucian Banner setup tables relative to the client business practices.
- Providing project leadership for functional work groups enabling them to stay on time and on task.
- Serving as cross-module integration project coordinator to assist in the resolution of cross-module issues.
- Consulting with supervisors, systems analysts, programmers and end users to develop functional design specifications and gathering information about: program intent, functions, features; data requirements, input requirements and output requirements; internal and external checks and controls; hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, training and support.
- Preparing functional design specifications for conversion, reporting, interfaces and customizations. Big effort will be to un-customize client ERP configuration and get back to baseline Banner ERP functionality where feasible.
- Providing guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and delivering such training.
- Providing direction in developing testing methodology and test scripts for utilization during upgrades and patch application; confirming program meets specifications, obtaining client signoff of efforts.
- Demonstrating strong problem solving skills and self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Working with end users to understand business processes and then working to help end users become more efficient and effective utilizing the Ellucian ERP system.
- Potentially converting designs and specifications into computer code and managing project efforts.
- Potentially compiling code into programs and correcting errors detected in compile process.
- Analyzing code to find causes of errors and revising programs.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to computer code, programs and specifications.
- Designing and coding layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems.
- Reviewing user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Providing functional/technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with programs.
- Revising program for corrections, enhancements or system environment changes through accepted project management processes.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Coordinating with other programmers about program revisions and providing project leadership.
- Modifying and maintaining software programs written by others leveraging change management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Strong Banner Student ERP experience is crucial.
- Good customer relationship skills.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Business Process Analysis and Improvement experience. Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Strong Banner/Oracle technical knowledge.
- COGNOS or ARGOS Reporting knowledge preferred but not required.
- Strong scripting language skills (PL/SQL, C, C+, SQR, etc.)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Delaware
Nearest Secondary Market: Dover
Back to top