Associate Vice President, Advancement
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Ellucian is seeking a dynamic, experienced leader to further the strategic goals of Ellucian's advancement portfolio offerings by building and managing meaningful relationships with Advancement leaders in the Higher Education community. You will be responsible for fostering relationships with institutional fundraising leaders and other strategic market stakeholders, and recommending technical and analytical direction for Advancement/Alumni Relations departments to prospective and existing customers. This role will work in close collaboration with our Sales Account Executives and Product teams to execute a strategy which seeks to engage Advancement Leaders from Higher Education Institutions.
Our team works in a fast-paced, cross-functional, dynamic environment, where innovative ideas and creative minds meet to drive significant market share through partner collaboration and field success.
- Represent Ellucian to the Higher Education Advancement community, providing thought leadership, influence and strategic insight to our customers, prospects and the larger market.
- Interface at the most strategic level within enterprise accounts and key market stakeholders; implementing a strategy for driving and influencing customer adoption of solutions that will deepen and extend relationships with institutional supporters.
- In partnership with our Sales Account Executives you will be tasked with ensuring that leaders at prospective and existing customers are educated on the benefits of our product and services.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise and industry experience to present solutions in the context of business value to the prospective customer in individual and conference opportunities.
- Collaborate with our customer's Advancement and Alumni Relations offices to build strategic; value added relationships across the account articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups.
- Contribute to customer liaison group leadership, including recruitment and stewardship of members.
- Engage with all appropriate Ellucian resources (Executives, IT, Sales, Marketing, Partners, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests.
- Partner with internal teams (Product and Engineering) to ensure our Advancement product portfolio is continually being refined to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and the market.
- Provide the vision and direction to strategies and processes to deliver a best in class customer experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership in frontline fundraising and alumni relations, including oversight in major campaigns in a higher education institution. Executive level leadership experience desired.
- Expert understanding of best practices and strategies to meet Advancement goals and objectives.
- History of active participation in industry organizations is expected.
- Understanding of and interest in how technology can further the goals of Advancement.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, communicating effectively with customers, executives, leaders, program/initiative owners, stakeholders, and other audiences as well as delivering presentations to C-level executives and large audiences.
- Ability to work cross functionally to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders, educate & advise on industry best practices, and lead major change efforts requiring cross functional leadership collaboration.
- Ability and commitment to travel.
- Strong leadership skills
- High degree of creativity
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree preferred.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top