Associate Technical Support Specialist
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Computer Technician / Associate Technical Support Specialist performs some or all of these duties and responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and maintain PC related hardware on the College's networks.
- Organizes and prioritizes requests for service and on an as-needed basis works with vendor to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Visits departments throughout the College to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain data equipment problems, including workstations, portable/laptop computers, Thin Client computers, scanners, monitors, printers, telephones, faxes, and other peripherals.
- Tracks inventory
- Ensures the accurate and complete logging of required information into the IT ticketing system.
- Adheres to College and OIT policies and procedures.
- Provides software support on College approved applications and operating systems.
- Provides audio-video assistance.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Must be able to backup, transfer and restore user settings, documents and other files.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve operating system problems, application software problems, printing problems, and network connectivity problems on a TCP/IP based network.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be courteous and polite.
- Good verbal, telephone, and written etiquette.
- Working knowledge and understanding of a broad range of desktop based hardware and software and networking concepts.
- Able to follow instructions, work under supervision, and multi-task.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be reliable and possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift, move and inspect computer terminals, printers and related equipment.
- Must have own transportation and may occasionally be required to travel to a remote site approximately 12 miles away from the main campus. Must be capable of sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Works in office conditions but will be required to visit other department locations.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Kingston
Back to top