Associate Systems Administrator
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
What we need from you:
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role with increasing responsibilities during that time.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NPS, and GPO's.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Sharepoint 2010/2016.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server/Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008-2017.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting VMware ESXi 6.x.
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience managing and administering Office 365.
- Experience creating, executing, and troubleshooting PowerShell Scripts for process automation.
- Understanding and execution of backup/restoration processes/procedures as well as disaster recovery planning and business continuity.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with SAN storage (EMC Preferred).
- Experience with Hyper-Converged solutions.
- Experience with EMC VNX, Cisco UCS, Nexus, Avamar, VMware, McAfee, and Microsoft highly desirable.
- Experience with systems monitoring, and long-term trending of SLA, performance, and sizing metrics.
- Understanding of security principles, methodologies, and system incident and event monitoring (SIEM) solutions.
- Experience with root cause analysis as well as identify and remediating security-related events or weaknesses.
- Experience working with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- Experience with VDI solutions.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Design and document policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain server/application diagrams and documentation.
- The position will require travel between sites and participation in an on-call schedule.
- Moderate lifting (<70lbs) is required in the course of the day-to-day work.
- Must be self-motivated, self-driven, work with minimal supervision, and most of all see a project through to completion.
- Takes pride in their work and will do what is necessary to make their project deliverables "right" instead of "good enough".
- Enjoys troubleshooting and eliminating problems.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Web Server Management
- Setup and management of network and systems monitoring and trending.
- Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE), VMware (VCP), and EMC (EMCSA) certifications are highly desirable.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
Back to top