Account Executive, CRM
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
• Sales and Software License and Cloud Subscription Revenue.
• Annual Revenue - Achieve / exceed quota targets.
• Sales strategies - Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth. Develop relationships with new customers and leverage to drive strategy through the organization.
• Trusted advisor - Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, the value of solutions, the value of implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
• Customer Acumen - Actively understand each customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape. Review public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect.
• Territory and Account Leadership - Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become SAP references.
• Business Planning - Develop and deliver a comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points.
• Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
• Pipeline planning - Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve.
• Pipeline partnerships - Leverage support organizations including Marketing, to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
• Leverage Ellucian Solutions - Be proficient in and bring all Ellucian offers to bear on sales pursuits
• Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
• Support all promotions and events in the territory
• Sales Excellence
• Sell value.
• Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales.
• Utilize best practice sales models.
• Understand Ellucian's competition and effectively position solutions against them.
• Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information.
• Leading a (Virtual) Account Team
Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of remote teams.
• Ensure account teams and Partners are well versed in each account's strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events. Maximize the value of all sales support organizations.
• 5+ years of experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions
• Proven track record in business application software sales.
• Experience in the lead role of a team-selling environment.
• Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
• Bachelor equivalent with a preference for an advanced degree.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top