Senior Software Engineer - Front End
About This Position
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Ellevest, you will design, build, and support many of the core client-facing systems powering Ellevest’s business. We follow agile methodologies and on a day-to-day basis leverage React, Ruby On Rails, GoLang, and Redis, among others as core parts of our technology stack. Our systems run on a modern AWS stack supported by exciting new technologies, and the entire front end team is encouraged to contribute to infrastructure support and development in addition to working on the core product.
- Design, develop, and maintain core user interfaces and experiences
- Help plan, architect, and implement new features across the product, including our secure, marketing, and internal sites
- Work with the team to design and implement important infrastructure projects using devops tools, such as asset build, deployment, caching, and monitoring systems
- Provide support and guidance for junior team members
- Familiarity with React, Redux, or React Native is a big plus
- Full-stack experience and strong understanding of server-side web interactions
- An excellent handle on CSS, HTML, and other modern web technologies
- A strong eye and appreciation for UI/UX design best practices
- Good command of object-oriented programming
- Experience supporting and scaling consumer-facing web applications
- Desire to continue to learn and drive key decisions in front-end architecture
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account women’s longer lifespans and different salary curves, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We are working every day to make that a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Meet Some of Ellevest's Employees
CEO & Co-founder
Sallie co-founded—and continues to lead—Ellevest to enable women to take control of their finances and help them reach monetary goals through a robust investment platform built specifically for them.
Back to top