Senior Product Designer
- Flexible / Remote
About This Position
As a Senior Product Designer at Ellevest, you are responsible for leading user research and design efforts cross-platform, turning complicated problems into intuitive experiences, and always keeping the user at the center. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you’ll collaborate closely with the product and engineering teams at every stage of the product process from defining problems & requirements to overseeing builds. You’ll also collaborate with Brand Designers to create a consistent user and brand experience at every touchpoint.
You are wholeheartedly focused on the user, and believe that regular testing and iteration is the key to delivering a successful product. You have a sharp sense for when to apply established patterns and styles, as well as when to evolve them. You have a track record of making bold recommendations to stakeholders for the best user experience, even if that means going back to the drawing board to create a solution that balances both user and business needs.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define problems & assess opportunities
- Map user flows, create design solutions, and prototype interactions
- Oversee the building process cross-platform in both responsive web and native app
- Balance business objectives and customer needs
- Work iteratively in a highly Agile and Scrum environment
- Give and receive design feedback among peers
- Lead research and user testing efforts to hypothesize and validate customer needs
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to iterate and optimize product features
- Be an evangelist for UX and UI best practices and design excellence
- Deliver design solutions that challenge convention and create engagement
- Collaborate with the team to build a scalable design system
- 5+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of (shipped) digital product design showcasing complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional visual design and solid information architecture
- Experience iterating on a live product
- Ability to move quickly from concept to whiteboard to execution
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- Experience with A/B testing and optimizing for conversion (a bonus, not a requirement!)
- Interaction design and passion for creating micro-animations (also a bonus, not a requirement)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest was built with a mission to get more money in the hands of women+. With a money membership that gives access to investing, banking, learning, and coaching and a private wealth management service, Ellevest helps women+ take control of their financial futures.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck. Sallie is chair of the Ellevate Network and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” She previously worked as CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and as CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations working throughout the U.S.
We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where people can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIn’s 50 Hottest Companies to Work For and earned a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of “start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech, and business shifts” — both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names.” We are working every day to make this a reality and to create a brand and a service that helps women reach financial equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Back to top