Financial Planner Consultant
- Flexible / Remote
About This Position
As a Consulting CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Professional for Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to support our financial planning client experience, working closely with our Director of Advisory Services and the rest of the money coaching team to deliver and scale our services. You will participate in individual client-facing and community engagements online and over the phone, bringing with you a comfort with those forms of communication and your knowledge from 5+ years of work on financial planning issues that primarily affect Gen X, Gen Y, and Gen Z clients such as cash flow management (budgeting), debt repayment, saving for retirement, the home buying process, starting a family, saving for other major goals, etc.
Your coaching mindset and educational approach will help clients make independent and informed decisions about their financial goals and stay on track to achieve those goals over time. You are confident speaking to audiences of 20+ people via webinars and workshops. This consulting (freelance) role is initially expected to require 5-15 hours per week but could vary over time depending on client volume and other business needs.
- Provide financial education and guidance to clients via 1:1 phone sessions and emails on topics including budgeting, debt repayment, emergency funding, retirement planning, buying a home, starting a family, starting a business, saving for other major goals, and in very limited amounts, insurance and estate planning
- Collaborate with Advisory Services team members to maintain a client experience with a consistent methodology, philosophy, and process
- Collaborate with our product, support, and design teams on the various Ellevest platforms (website, mobile app, etc.) to help improve client experience
- Present educational workshops and webinars to groups of 10-500 people in a variety of settings (clients, prospects, non-profits, corporate employees, professional associations, etc.) via webinar
- Comply with Ellevest methods and guidelines, and uphold our documentation and organization standards to meet compliance requirements
- Promote professional and team development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets and the financial services industry; stay aware of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, technical) within the fields of investments and financial services
- CFP® certification that is current and active
- 5 years minimum of broad financial planning experience; high volume experience is preferred
- Willingness to partner with the Ellevest brand and manage any potential conflicts with existing brands in order to best serve Ellevest clientele
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, high emotional intelligence and the ability to translate complex financial topics to audiences with different levels of experience and knowledge
- Willingness to lead group sessions, webinars, and workshops with 20+ attendees
- Experience relying on and adapting to new technology, especially in a remote setting
- Adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic remote work environment. This includes working independently and on a team, as well as the ability and willingness to pivot when something is not working to try a new strategy
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest was built with a mission to get more money in the hands of women+. With a money membership that gives access to investing, banking, learning, and coaching and a private wealth management service, Ellevest helps women+ take control of their financial futures.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck. Sallie is chair of the Ellevate Network and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” She previously worked as CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and as CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations working throughout the U.S.
We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where people can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIn’s 50 Hottest Companies to Work For and earned a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of “start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech, and business shifts” — both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names.” We are working every day to make this a reality and to create a brand and a service that helps women reach financial equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Back to top