About This Position
As a Financial Advisor on the Private Wealth Management team, you will have the opportunity to shape a new offering for our clients, working closely with our PWM and Investments teams to ensure the delivery of best-in-class financial advisory services guided by the principles of Ellevest’s investment philosophy. You believe that effective investing can be achieved by reducing costs, taxes, and risk through diversification, and not through market timing or chasing alpha. You will develop and maintain ongoing partnerships with a range of clients through regular, meaningful contact as part of our Private Wealth Management services offering to high net worth individuals. You will be working closely with clients to develop a customized goals-based financial plan based on their unique financial situation, and provide ongoing financial advice to help them reach their objectives. This opportunity is a remote position based on the West Coast.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each of your client’s needs, goals, and financial status in order to guide them based on Ellevest’s investment philosophy
- Provide and recommend strategies in a clear, supportive, and helpful manner to help clients achieve their goals over time
- Maintain and grow a book of business through dedicated relationship management and nurturing
- Identify appropriate savings, investment, and spending strategies to reflect clients' risk preferences, liquidity needs, and investment objectives
- Demonstrate exceptional client relationship management capabilities; build written and verbal plans to communicate recommended strategies to clients; set, manage, meet and exceed client expectations in order to build value in relationships over time
- Monitor portfolios for clients on an ongoing basis to retain and grow our client relationships, and conduct periodic reviews to help clients feel connected to Ellevest and their investing strategy
- Comply with Ellevest methods and guidelines, and uphold our documentation and organization standards to meet compliance requirements
- Promote professional and team development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets and the financial services industry; stay aware of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, technical) within the fields of investments and financial services
- Maintain all required licenses and designations
- Support the growth of new product offerings and team development as Ellevest scales
- Minimum 8 years experience and demonstrated track record of success in building your own book of business in financial advisory; relationship management for female clients preferred
- Established network in the West Coast market
- FINRA Series 65
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to translate complex financial topics to audiences of different levels of experience and knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity, a deep desire to solve problems, and an exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to serve as a successful and determined advocate for your clients
- A keen sense of resourcefulness and ability to implement efficient processes in an unstructured environment
- Experience relying on and adapting to new technology
- Strong educational background
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest was built with a mission to get more money in the hands of women+. With a money membership that gives access to investing, banking, learning, and coaching and a private wealth management service, Ellevest helps women+ take control of their financial futures.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck. Sallie is chair of the Ellevate Network and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” She previously worked as CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and as CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations working throughout the U.S.
We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where people can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIn’s 50 Hottest Companies to Work For and earned a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of “start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech, and business shifts” — both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names.” We are working every day to make this a reality and to create a brand and a service that helps women reach financial equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.