Client Support Associate
About This Position
We are looking for a team member to join our Client Experience team as part of the front lines of Ellevest! A successful candidate is passionate about our mission here at Ellevest- and is able to share that passion with our prospects and clients. She/He will provide first touch responses to prospects and clients across multiple channels including phone, email, click to chat, and text. This role requires an individual who is a quick learner with exceptional communication skills and astute intuition. This individual would also work closely with team members to identify ways to improve our services based on client feedback.
- Act as the front line and voice of Ellevest
- Effectively solve client inquiries via multiple channels (email, chat, phone, etc.)
- Support client transactions, such as deposits, ensuring a seamless experience for clients
- Proactively troubleshoot client issues and coordinate across teams for resolution
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement within the team
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years of financial services industry experience in a client-facing role
- Exceptional communicator across multiple channels including email, phone, and chat
- Tenacious problem-solver with strong follow-through and ownership of tasks
- True team player committed to learning from and teaching others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and improve upon processes
- Passion for our women-oriented mission- and ability to articulate it!
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.”Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Back to top