Acquisition Marketing Manager
About This Position
As an Acquisition Marketing Manager at Ellevest, you will play an vital role at a fast-growing NYC financial technology startup committed to closing the gender investing gap. This role focuses on our paid client acquisition efforts, and will provide you with the opportunity to work across multiple growth channels to drive our expansion. You’ve personally managed large digital media budgets in the past with a track record of success. You dream in numbers, and ROI is your middle name. You’re always the first to test out emerging platforms, features, formats, and techniques. You enjoy collaborating with teammates across disciplines ranging from data science to copy to design, and you’re excited to make a big impact within a mission-driven company!
- Drive our paid acquisition strategy, planning, and execution across multiple channels such as social, display, search, video, and native
- Source and test new user acquisition channels with the goal of finding efficient and scalable ways to grow the business
- Analyze performance data, identify opportunities, and implement improvements
- Work closely with designers, copywriters, and strategists to rapidly test ad creative and campaigns
- Maximize performance of seven-figure advertising budget
- 3+ years of work experience in a highly-quantitative digital advertising role
- Deep knowledge and experience with digital advertising platforms like Facebook Ads and Google AdWords as well as with the broader ad tech landscape including DMPs, DSPs, 3rd party data providers, and more
- Track record of success personally managing at least $1M in digital media spend
- Point-of-view on advertising creative & instincts for understanding consumer behavior — balanced by an obsession with rigorous data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Mastery of Excel and other analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree or beyond in a quantitative field (i.e. math, computer science, physics, economics) strongly preferred
- Experience with offline media (podcasts, out-of-home, direct mail, etc) a plus
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list -- “identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech and business shifts”. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, and create a brand and a service that closes the female money gap.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Back to top