Software Test Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join Ellevation’s technology team. You will be responsible for test automation and enhancing and enforcing quality into all parts of the software development process, from inception through implementation. You are committed to preventing bugs instead of finding bugs.
As an integral member of our engineering group, you will be asked to create, contribute to, and own pieces of our software development platform and ecosystem. Just as important, we are looking for someone who wants to be in a startup, has tremendous communication skills, and is motivated and a self-starter. You will provide leadership and guidance for the rest of the team in the areas of testability, product and service functionality, and software quality.
You will work closely with our Product and Partner Support teams to gain mastery of the ELL domain and our products. You will then apply that expertise to our platform design and development lifecycle by creating, maintaining and extending automation tests to cover back-end, API integration, database and functional testing across all of our products and important services. You will help to instrument, gather and make key decisions based on code quality metrics.
We value best-practice software engineering principles such as continuous integration, loose coupling, and SOA. As a small technology company, we seek individuals who are willing to be cross-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and a technical thought leader for the organization.
You are expected to take on and own vital initiatives and duties for the company, spark and lead discussion, and help establish the company’s technical direction while providing timely and quality support and education across the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to help build the engineering foundation of the company.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Candidates who have the following background and experiences are encouraged to apply:
- At least 2-4 years of C# (or equivalent) programming in a test engineering role
- Experience with NUnit, Moq and other unit testing frameworks
- At least 2 years of testing automation frameworks and technologies, such as Selenium
- Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Proficient with RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server, query writing and schema management
- Knowledge of continuous integration/deployment processes and tools
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 4-6 years of technical expertise, including recent test engineering experience with high-performance, enterprise-facing websites and/or SaaS platforms.
- Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
- Passion for software and product quality. Values clean and elegant, yet pragmatic and effective, software design.
- Proven success at a software startup or early-stage company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to work hard while maintaining attention to detail, with a sense of urgency.
- Experience working within an Agile organization (scrum, “lean”, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Very strong communication skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and verbally to audiences of varying technical knowledge.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
Meet Some of Ellevation Education's Employees
Technical Support Manager
Beatriz provides coaching and mentoring to Ellevation’s support specialists while also analyzing data and collaborating with internal teams to improve processes and overall customer service.
Back to top