Reporting & Business Intelligence Manager
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with 550+ public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are looking for entrepreneurs who can help lead the company through the next phase of growth.
This is where you come in…
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Manager, Reporting and Business Intelligence will use software, tools, and applications to organize and analyze Ellevation’s internal data in order to optimize business decisions, improve collaboration across the organization, and increase overall company performance.
In this role, you will:
- Drive standardization, quality, and automation of data and metrics used in reporting and analysis
- Document process flows to identify actors, inputs, outputs and dependencies
- Ensure software development decisions support process and data models
- Partner with leadership to develop metrics, reports, and dashboards providing transparency into business performance and surface opportunities for improvement
- Act as the central point person for internal reporting around key business metrics and financials
- Gather data from multiple sources including sales, service, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Translate high-level business problems into questions which can then be answered by data-driven analyses
- Analyze data sets, deliver insights, and make recommendations to improve business performance
- Bachelors in computer science, business analytics or related field and + 5 years relevant work building, deploying and supporting business intelligence capabilities
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities with a focus on high impact business opportunities
- Ability to present findings – at a non-technical level – to internal or external stakeholders to influence leadership and drive operational improvements
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to align priorities and identify dependencies across the BI roadmap
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here’s some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with corkboards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Meet Some of Ellevation Education's Employees
Technical Support Manager
Beatriz provides coaching and mentoring to Ellevation’s support specialists while also analyzing data and collaborating with internal teams to improve processes and overall customer service.
Back to top