Sr. Product Designer (Design Systems)
- Flexible / Remote
Sr. Product Designer: Systems Design (Remote)
Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 400 customers and more than 20,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes real-time support powered by 100+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series C company funded by an all-star team of investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric is now over 250 employees and led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are looking for a talented and creative Product Designer with a passion for systems design. As the primary designer of Electric’s design system, you will work with other designers, engineers, and stakeholders to define our design system’s strategy and priorities, understand user needs and build a unified design language for our customers and internal platforms. You will own the design and definition of key components and initiatives from inception to launch, then iterate to improve them. You will advocate for users and user-centered design in your pod and across the organization. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company, understands that constant change is one of the benefits of working at a startup, and sees it as an opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do
- Lead design of Electric’s design system. Collaborate with design, engineering, and product to ensure the system creates optimal value for stakeholders and our users
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and PMs to define system strategy, priorities, and process
- Deliver thoughtful and exceptional design of components in an atomic framework: refine and evolve the visual language of our system, elaborate our experience principles and help to unify our product experience as a system
- Collaborate with pod designers to refine their work for inclusion in the system: be a resource, co-designer, and coach
- Support pod designers and drive adoption with design system resources, information, and training
- Obsess over the details: think through interactions, states, behaviors and edge cases, and QA to ensure successful implementation
- Write documentation and usage guidelines that allow efficient component handoff and utilization
- Help build a design culture: foster curiosity, empathy, and improvement; present your designs and get feedback, critique, and help improve others’ work; continually advocate for users and demonstrate the value of design across the company
Who you are
- 5+ years of Product Design experience with a proven record of delivering excellent work
- 1+ years of experience leading work on style guides or design systems
- Have a portfolio demonstrating exceptional design work and the process that led to your decisions
- Have experience conducting evaluative user research and leveraging data to guide your designs
- Have extensive experience collaborating with engineers and defining optimal workflows for design handoff and QA
- Have expertise with prototyping software to test and demonstrate interactions, flows, and general component functionality
- Have a working knowledge of front-end development as it applies to your designs being implemented in a system
- Have experience delivering fully responsive, accessible, implementation-ready designs
- Be comfortable self-managing to plan, scope, and execute your work and the experience to know when to ask for help.
- Be comfortable and motivated working in a high-growth startup: collaborate to improve our process, work with your manager to own your development, and take advantage of opportunities for growth
Applicants must submit a portfolio of relevant design work to be considered for this role.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Back to top