Sr. Backend Engineer
Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 400 customers and more than 20,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes: real-time support powered by 100+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series C company funded by an all-star team of investors including: Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric is now over 250 employees and led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Play a foundational role on one of our new teams dedicated to improving the efficiency, excellence, and effectiveness of real-time support for our customers
- Brainstorm, design and build high quality software for our customer base by writing easily understandable, idiomatic, and high-performing code
- Become a subject matter expert in your area of technical focus, while contributing code and providing well-reasoned feedback in areas outside your primary domain
- Participate in and drive technical architecture discussions, introducing new technologies, patterns, and paradigms where necessary
- Review peers' code, and provide constructive feedback that keeps the bar high on code quality and standards.
- Partner closely with product managers to understand customer concerns and how your contributions affect our business
- Follow an agile and growth mindset to embrace challenges, ensure clear communication channels and continuous improvement of yourself and your teammates
- Collaborate with fun-loving and hard-working teammates who are equally at home wrangling complex technical challenges as they are at a game of pool or ping pong.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS Infrastructure: Lambda, SQS, API Gateway
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift (and soon: Snowflake)
- Python based serverless functions hosted on AWS Lambda
- REST and GraphQL, w/ OAuth 2 & JWT
- ReactJS Front End
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience, fellowship, or training
- 5+ years of software development experience and the ability to learn quickly
- Deep and demonstrated experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, C, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and software development
- A methodical and analytical mindset with a strong work ethic
- Ego-less nature, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the software you build
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Experience with agile processes and passion for automated testing
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Growth Mindset - you’re thirsty and believe there’s always room for improvement
About the Engineering Team at Electric - https://workdna.com/electric/engineering
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.