Product Design Architect
- Flexible / Remote
Product Design Architect (Remote)
Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 400 customers and more than 20,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes real-time support powered by 100+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series C company funded by an all-star team of investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric is now over 250 employees and led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are looking for a talented Product Design Architect, responsible for defining the end-to-end experience strategy across our portfolio of products and services. As a systems designer, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, and teams across the organization to build holistic solutions that meet the needs of our customers and contribute to our product strategy. You’ll use and contribute to the growing Design System of components, with a focus on bringing these elements together to make our products easier to use for our internal and external customers. You will advocate for users and user-centered design across the organization. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company, understands that constant change is one of the benefits of working at a startup, and sees it as an opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do
- Lead and build the user experience strategy across our portfolio of SaaS products and services.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and PMs to define system strategy, priorities, and process
- Deliver thoughtful end-to-end experiences that unify our product experience as a system
- Collaborate with pod designers to refine their work for inclusion in the Design System as it relates to the greater experience: be a resource, co-designer, and coach
- Support pod designers and drive adoption with Design System resources, information, and training
- Help build a design culture: foster curiosity, empathy, and improvement; present your strategy and get feedback, critique, and help improve others’ work; continually advocate for users and demonstrate the value of design across the company
Who you are
- 7+ years of Product Design experience with an emphasis in system design and design strategy, and a proven record of delivering excellent work.
- Have the ability to deeply understand complex systems, both technically and strategically
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who works effectively with product colleagues, engineers, and stakeholders across the organization to shape, define, and deliver elegant solutions to customer problems.
- Proven experience delivering documentation, workflows, and presentations to communication strategy and vision
- A user-centered design leader with the ability to weave together solutions from individual parts, to deliver a cohesive strategy
- Have extensive experience collaborating with engineers and defining optimal workflows for design handoff and QA
- Experience working with UX researchers and leveraging data to guide the design
- Experience leading work and contributing to style guides, pattern libraries, or design systems
- Have a background in front-end development as it applies to your designs being implemented in a system
- Have experience delivering fully responsive, accessible, implementation-ready designs
- Be comfortable self-managing to plan, scope, and execute your work and the experience to know when to ask for help.
- Be comfortable and motivated working in a high-growth startup: collaborate to improve our process, work with your manager to own your development, and take advantage of opportunities for growth
Applicants must submit a portfolio of relevant design work to be considered for this role.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Back to top