Solutions Architect (US-based)
What can you expect in the Solutions Architect position?
As a Solutions Architect, you will bring your extensive experience designing and deploying software solutions for enterprise customers to our ecommerce projects. In this role, you will work directly with customers, system integrators, and our own professional services teams to identify solution requirements, turn those requirements into a detailed, implementable architecture and work with developers to deliver the solution. Your excellent Java development skills will be needed to properly understand the Elastic Path platform and you will get your hands dirty with the code base as part of your training and on an ongoing basis.
What will you do?
- Participate in high-level requirements-gathering with customers to help identify and prioritize solution requirements
- Provide guidance on design alternatives and their implications (function, cost, complexity etc.) to select the most appropriate design
- Convert the high-level requirements into a complete solutions architecture that the development team can implement. The architecture will specify necessary extensions to existing Elastic Path components and/or APIs, integrations with external systems, deployment topology, and so forth.
- Communicate the architecture to project stakeholders
- Transition the project to the development team, explain the design and remain available to address questions or problems that arise during implementation
- Participate in constructing architecturally significant aspects of the solution when required
- Assist with pre- and post-sales guidance, time and budget estimates, and the design and coding of proof-of-concept solutions
- Be an architectural and design resource for professional service projects, clients, and partners
- Be a strong advocate for the client’s technical needs
- Improve efficiency and reduce cost of client projects through identification and harvesting of reusable components
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- 10+ years relevant experience which includes 5+ years experience as an architect designing complex solutions for mid-size and enterprise companies
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements at all levels
- Significant development and delivery experience with large-scale Java EE solutions, databases, web servers, networking, security, etc.
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in an enterprise environment
- Strategic view across a broad cross-section of technologies with a strong focus on implementation constraints and trade-offs, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Strong knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and practices, and experience with integrating external systems such as ERP, CRM, and content management systems
- Broad knowledge of advanced software environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Experience with other E-Commerce applications or Elastic Path products
- Confidence to lead through change in a fast paced and occasionally ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel to client sites as required (approx. 80%)
Bonus points for…
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques, specifically with Java.
- Familiarity and facility with Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with HTML, XML and JSON
- You are highly productive, self-motivated, creative and focused.
- You love to learn and embrace rapidly changing technologies.
- You code or play with code on your own time, developing your skills “just because”.
- You are passionate about being part of a team that strives to be the best.
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture, and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester, and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso-fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK, and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
Meet Some of Elastic Path's Employees
Geoff translates user and functional requirements into detailed technical designs for the Development Teams, ensuring that Elastic Path project implementations are successful.
Back to top