Senior Resource Manager
What can you expect as Elastic Path’s Senior Resource Manager?
We are looking for an authentic culture builder with solid resource planning expertise and a passion for developing people and process.
A key member of the leadership team, the Senior Resource Manager will manage a technical team, oversee our contractor practice and be responsible for aligning talent to business resourcing needs. Able to balance competing priorities and interests, you will be responsible for methodically developing the resource planning framework & managing resource allocation for multiple teams across our business. Drawing from your experience, you will consider, synthesize and translate business drivers, customer needs and individuals career goals into robust resource plans.
A proactive communicator and credible influencer, you will be comfortable to lead through ambiguity by building relationships & removing roadblocks to support a seamless professional services project delivery for our customers.
With an eye for continuous improvement coupled an analytical mind, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to make an impact by optimizing & developing resources within an evolving business.
What will you do?
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts & oversee the contractor workforce practice
• Develop and implement best practice resourcing plans, modelling solutions and practices to meet the overall company objectives
• Assess and plan future resource requirements based on projected workflows, impact of pipeline, and levels of attrition, training, ensuring headcount and utilization levels are in line with budget
• Collaborate with teams across the business to propose creative resource planning solutions that are tailored to our current & future people, customer and partner needs
• Establish & maintain reporting regular cadence to manage and inform current and projected resourcing needs
• Participate actively in the performance management process by providing relevant input on in the staffing process, project requirements, utilization, and other performance considerations.
• Work with Project Managers and Director team to understand client engagement statements of work and funding that drive resource needs
• Work with other managers to identify needs, facilitate staffing strategy addressing critical talent gaps or risks
• Manage our time and attendance system (Replicon) and responsibility to ensure accurate billing and time management
• Work closely with our Corporate Performance team (HR / Finance / IT & Legal)
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in resource management or project/ program management
• Knowledge and application of best practice workforce planning methods & models
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented matrix environment
• People management experience and superior interpersonal skills
• Experience setting up, documenting and executing a resourcing framework
• Strategic thinker - can see possible impacts of a decision on many projects
• Results oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Resilience and the ability to quickly respond to changing priorities and challenges
• Confidence to lead through change in a fast paced and occasionally ambiguous environment
• Superior stakeholder management & communication skills to navigate across teams
• Strong proficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Bonus points for…
• Knowledge of resource management automation tools
• Experience in a technology / software company
• Senior management or consulting experience
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
• Transit pass
• MSP Coverage
• Health and Dental
• Long/Short term disability insurance
• Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
• Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
• Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
• Games room
• An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
Apply Now! http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EKKON&cws=1&rid=486
Back to top