Senior Java Developer (Product Development)
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture, and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester, and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso-fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
What can you expect as an Elastic Path Senior Java Software Engineer?
Elastic Path is embarking on building a next-generation ecommerce product line that will shake up the current market and requires passionate and creative product-centric leaders to lead the charge.
We’re looking for someone who can design and implement complex ecommerce features in our core Product. Candidates must be proficient with Java/J2EE, Spring, Java Persistence API, Java application servers, Relational Databases, Apache Maven, and Git.
Are you a fit? Does this describe you? If so, let’s chat.
- You are smart and very talented and like working with smart and talented people. – you are patient and forgiving to those who aren’t as talented as you. You have a sense of humour.
- You make the complex simple – write quality code that mere mortals can understand.
- You invent when solutions don’t exist, giving up is not an option – when you fail you fail fast.
- Code that isn’t your own doesn’t necessarily suck – you don’t get married to your code (or your ideas).
- You embrace new challenges and see them as a way to grow and learn, obstacles are fun.
- You can lead, you can follow but you are best as part of a team.
- You are ambitious, you desire to grow and crave feedback to help you.
- You always, always make a positive difference to the teams and products you have worked on.
Your background to thrive in this position
- 5+ years developing large-scale software products – locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS
- Working with a variety of languages including, but not exclusively Java
- Server-side development and a Restful API layer
- Level 3 Restful Services
- API design and development
- E-commerce background
- Working knowledge of OSGI and/or Integration Patterns
- Performance tuning
What will you do in this role?
Be part of a team that is building out the next generation e-commerce platform that will lead the industry. It will be hard; it will be messy at times but it will be a rewarding experience. You will look back and say “That was fun. That was amazing.”
Why join Elastic Path and choose to Be the Team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room
- An awesome view!
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
If you do n
Meet Some of Elastic Path's Employees
Geoff translates user and functional requirements into detailed technical designs for the Development Teams, ensuring that Elastic Path project implementations are successful.
Back to top