What can you expect as Elastic Path’s Reliability Engineer?
The Reliability Engineer will join an experienced product development team and own the success of our software before (and while) it’s operating in the wild. Your focus will be on ease-of-deployment, reliability, performance, and general operational improvements of our core commerce product both on-premise and in the cloud.
You will design and develop deployment tools to allow us to efficiently operate our test environments both locally and in the cloud (AWS) using configuration management tools and infrastructure-as-code. You will design and implement performance tests to stress both our systems internally and our customers’ systems, from which you will analyze system issues and potential bottlenecks and work closely with our development team to improve our software.
Finally, you will contribute to our Elastic Path CloudOps for AWS product, which allows our customers to create an AWS-native Elastic Path solution by heavily utilizing AWS services.
You will be part of a tightly coupled team comprised of release, cloud, and performance engineers, and work closely with quality assurance, development and customer project teams.
You will work in a very dynamic environment where your energy and ideas will always be valued. You will NOT be another brick in the wall. You WILL be turning the automation up to 11 as you guide our next-gen ecommerce system to the cloud and make our customers super successful!
Elastic Path’s flexible enterprise software is a robust ecommerce platform offering leading-edge omnichannel features (persistent shopping cart across devices), powerful merchandising, product discovery (faceted search, advanced filtering, and configurators), dynamic pricing, promotions, customer care, and more -- directly into marketing clouds and experience management platforms by Adobe, SiteCore, Acquia, and others.
What will you do?
• You are smart and very talented and like working with smart and talented people. You are patient and forgiving to those who aren’t as talented as you.
• You think of simple answers to complex problems.
• You’re totally in to this whole DevOps movement (you’ve got t-shirts).
• You /^l(i|o)ve$/ Linux.
• You have an affinity for systems administration but from a developers approach.
• You’re interested in containers and have experience with them, even if just to Docker-ize your local development environment for sh*ts’n’giggles.
• You have experience with Amazon’s Web Services, including EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, ELBs, CloudFormation, IAM, Route 53, S3, and CloudFront.
• You love #!/scripting anything and everything, especially in Ruby, Python, Perl or Bash.
• You think about things like feature branching vs. continuous integration and canary vs. blue-green deployments and you think infrastructure-as-code is the only way to go.
• You are security conscious – you don’t want to be hacked.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
• A computer science degree or equivalent education experience
• 5+ years based in the software industry
• 3+ years specifically in an operations-type role such as SysAdmin or a DevOps-type role
• Experience operating production sites and dealing with the weird thing customers do
• Experience troubleshooting severity 1 site-outages and complex bugs
• Experience stress and performance testing web sites to ensure they’ll stay up on boxing day
• Expert-level Linux skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Java technologies (you know a thread dump from a heap dump)
• Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle), NoSQL and web application containers (Tomcat)
• Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Containers
• Amazon Web Services experience
Bonus points for…
• Experience in software release management
• Experience with Security testing and hardening
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
• Transit pass
• MSP Coverage
• Health and Dental
• Long/Short term disability insurance
• Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
• Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
• Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
• Games room
• An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
Back to top