Manager, Marketing Communications
What can you expect as Elastic Path’s Manager, Marketing Communications?
As a part of a small, high-impact marketing team, reporting to the Director, Marketing, you’ll be the creative voice of Elastic Path, leveraging social media to raise brand and product awareness. Working closely with the product marketing team, you’ll effortlessly translate technical product information into brilliantly written, targeted messaging and communications across all mediums. With this, you’ll develop our partner and account based messaging and collateral for our ABM program, stimulating the sales pipeline for the organization. Plus, you’ll manage partner events and our partner training events and the logistics to support them. So, the uncanny ability to manage events in your sleep is a must.
What will you do?
- Establish relationships with Business Development, Sales, Pre-Sales, Product, Training, Customer Service and Marketing Operations to understand their needs and the market issues/challenges to assist in developing the key messages and content to properly position the Elastic Path brand
- Create, implement and manage marketing communications designed to generate product awareness, partner awareness and brand identity
- Establish, manage and evaluate a comprehensive annual communications plan, calendar and related KPIs that directly support partners, sales, customers and digital marketing activities
- Increase brand awareness and ensure the Elastic Path brand is consistently reflected across all marketing channels
- Translate technical product information and fully understand our partner and prospect mindset and personas in order to develop targeted marketing communications and content in the Elastic Path voice
- Apply superb writing skills to deliver this content across multiple formats, including: social media, the blog, web copy and banners, case studies, emailers, product brochures, video scripts and sales decks
Social Media + Blog
- Work closely with marketing operations to develop a strong social media and blog strategy
- Write, source and post on a regular basis developing a continuous communication strategy and calendar in order to connect with our partners and prospects online
- Actively monitor trending industry topics and seek opportunities for social media engagement for our brand
- Build strategic relationships with bloggers and social influencers as well as our partners to develop co-marketing cross promotional campaigns that will drive brand awareness
- Monitor results through ongoing tracking and reporting of all campaign analytics, developing intelligence on what's most effective and continuously trying new approaches
Partner Events & Training Forums
- Manage the annual event calendar
- Manage all planning, logistics and execution for our partner events and partner training forums including; marketing, agenda, staffing, travel, accommodation bookings, PR, printing, shipping, IT requirements, etc.
- Manage the events budget, attend shows and training events where necessary
- Travel: 10%-20%
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Exceptional creative writing and editing skills - stickler for grammar, spelling, and concise communication
- Excellent time and project management skills with ability to manage several projects simultaneously and deliver to tight deadlines
- High Tech industry experience a must
- Copywriting experience (agency or freelance)
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of brand strategy
- Experience in social media and blog marketing
- Experience in trade shows and event management
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience in marketing communications
- Post-secondary/university degree in Communications or Marketing
Bonus points for…
- A great portfolio that displays your prowess in web copy, support copy, and social copy
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room
- An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
Back to top