Cloud Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)
What can you expect as Elastic Path’s Cloud Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)?
Join our team and help us continuously deliver Elastic Path ecommerce software while championing DevOps across the organization. As our Cloud Infrastructure Developer, you’ll build pipelines for deployment and testing, automate how we provision cloud infrastructure and provide operational support services such as monitoring. Along with your technical skills, you’re passionate about spreading the culture of DevOps. As a leader that enjoys coaching others, you’ll establish consistent practices that will be applied by teams across the globe.
What will you do?
- Work closely with software development teams in Professional Services on the initial set-up of ecommerce client projects
- Shared responsibility for provisioning web server infrastructure and continuous delivery pipelines
- Document and automate provisioning processes
- Ensure the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements
- Switch between teams to assist with infrastructure changes
- Coordinate the choice of tools, technologies and methods among delivery teams
- Peer-review changes to “infrastructure as code” and define coding standards
- Familiarize yourself with “EP for AWS”, Elastic Path’s infrastructure automation tools
- Coach delivery teams on the use of EP for AWS, as well as general DevOps culture and practices
- Capture feedback on EP for AWS from the Professional Services teams and provide it to Product Development
- Participate in EP for AWS development by contributing bug fixes, enhancements, and new features
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or similar background
- 7+ years of overall experience in the software engineering field
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps position
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Enjoy collaborative and team environments
- Server virtualization technologies (VMWare, Xen, etc)
- Infrastructure and software provisioning tools (AWS, CloudFormation, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Proficiency in building Linux systems (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL)
- Operational monitoring and notification tools (Nagios, CloudWatch, AppDynamics, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD)
- Experience administering web application servers and databases (Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, ActiveMQ)
- Experience implementing non-functional requirements such as security, scalability, availability and recovery
- Familiarity with source code management (Git)
- A passion for work with software development teams releasing production-ready software
Bonus points for…
- Experience with virtualized developer environments (VirtualBox, Vagrant)
- Proficiency in building Windows systems
- Experience with log aggregators (Splunk, etc)
- Understanding of API integrations (REST JSON API’s, XML web services)
- Understanding event integrations and messaging protocols (JMS, queues and topics)
- Understanding of agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with automated acceptance testing (Cucumber, Selenium)
Why join the team?
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US. We’re a well-established yet growing company. You’ll have independence in your projects with the support of a team, professional development opportunities and the experience of working with teams from our clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Plus…
- Transit pass
- MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building as well as a rooftop patio
- Brand new downtown location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
- Games room
- An awesome view!
What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, Breville and many others. Elastic Path is a favored technology partner of leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, Accenture and PwC.
Elastic Path’s vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Elastic Path is at the forefront of omnichannel commerce, helping companies add commerce capabilities anywhere, anytime to maximize customer engagement, loyalty and drive higher revenue. Ultimately commerce-enabling our connected world.
What does that mean for you? Learn more about ecommerce relates to the consumer Internet of Things and see the innovation and opportunity Elastic Path is a part of.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, Elastic Path is an agile, open, espresso fueled environment offering the opportunity to make an impact and the flexibility to learn and grow on the job.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Think this role’s perfect for you?
Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and any bragging rights and we’ll contact you if it looks like a fit.
If you do n
Meet Some of Elastic Path's Employees
Geoff translates user and functional requirements into detailed technical designs for the Development Teams, ensuring that Elastic Path project implementations are successful.
Back to top