Wedding and Events Coordinator
Job Title: Wedding and Events Coordinator
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Client Service Manager
Salary: On application c. £22,000
Contract: 40 hours, 5 out of 7 days worked
To be the main point of contact for the couple during their wedding from the signed contract to post wedding.
- To build a successful, professional relationship with the couple to co-ordinate and deliver, alongside the F&B Manager, their wedding day.
- Agreeing requirements, setting expectations and providing effective communication to ensure their full confidence in your organisation of their wedding day.
- To inform, and keep updated, internal teams, clearly and proactively, of wedding day requirements and client preferences.
- Work closely and liaise with the Head of F&B and Duty Manager assigned to the wedding.
- Attend weekly meetings with House stakeholders to ensure familiarisation with all details of the wedding and other Events functions.
- Responsible for all administrative details, on receipt of booking information, from the sales team.
- To produce function sheets, facilitate menu tastings and place/menu cards as required.
- Assist the Sales team by meeting potential clients, show-casing Ashridge and our services.
- To keep the CRM database up to date with client information and correspondence so you and others can use it for business intelligence and client management.
- To build successful professional relationships with clients to understand their particular needs and encourage business development.
- Respond to residential enquiries and liaise with the appropriate internal teams.
- Understand the needs and expectations of each individual client by building a friendly and respectful working relationship.
- Ensure that all telephone calls and written correspondence are handled promptly and accurately.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date filing of all correspondence.
- Maintain the highest standards of courtesy, efficiency and appearance to both guests and colleagues.
- Understand the history of Ashridge and when required, give short tours of the House to clients.
- Anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality of service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
- Prepare and deliver accurate invoices, sending them to clients within 5 working days of their events. Following up to ensure payment and escalating when appropriate.
- To expertly use our project and financial management systems (SalesForce and FinancialForce), monitor financial data and debt management.
- To respond to all telephone calls and emails promptly and accurately, escalating issues as necessary
- To present excellent standards of courtesy, efficiency and appearance to clients and colleagues.
- To anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality of service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
- Providing responsive and flexible support to other initiatives related to the business as they emerge
- Experience and passion for delivering excellent client focus and service
- At least 2 years’ experience within Events Management and Wedding Coordination
- Organised, detail orientated, able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a pressurized environment
- A vibrant person with a positive outlook, full of initiative and proactivity, someone who embraces change and loves building relationships
- A real team player who sees no boundaries, strives to understand pressures and priorities of other teams and makes working together fun
- Eager to learn and willing to go above and beyond, working extra hours when required
- Technically confident, a quick learner and with strong computer skills e.g. Microsoft packages, SalesForce, Canvas
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal, a good listener and clearly credible with clients and faculty
- Able to negotiate and influence at all levels e.g. to agree responsibilities within a team
- Glowing testimonials from previous companies
- Experience of working with Food & Beverage teams
- To have experience of and provide training and development for colleagues as requested
- SalesForce or FinancialForce experience, or with other CRMs
- Commercially aware understanding contracts, pricing, cost implications of decisions etc
If all the above sounds perfect to you – we would like you to tell us why and what you would bring to this new role. Do this please, by sending us your covering letter, CV and a short one-minute video saying why you are the best person for this position c/o WeTransfer.com. With the link you get from WeTransfer.com add the video link to the bottom of your covering letter.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Become the world’s most relevant business school
Benefits include 25 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organised in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top