Web QA Engineer (Automation)
As a Web QA Engineer at EF Learning Labs you will work as part of our amazing team to deliver the next generation of English teaching and learning solutions. You will design and build effective test automation, find and verify show-stopper bugs, and make sure we release only the highest quality web software.
You should have an eye for detail, a passion for quality, a strong feeling of good user experience, and an ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes. You should be a creative thinker who likes to break software. You will also need to work with other teams, in an agile environment.
Typical work tasks include writing and executing test cases, working with developers to debug issues, ad-hoc testing, writing test automation and investigating failed automation test cases. You will work closely with the development, product design and content teams, collaborating with other teams on cross-team projects and ensuring quality all throughout the agile product cycle.
- Be a core part of the product team to write test cases for new features.
- Run regression tests, both automated and manual, against existing features.
- Set up, configure and maintain our test environments.
- Develop and improve our test automation framework.
- Automate manual test cases.
- Find and report bugs, and work with developers to help debug and resolve them.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans. Web-based testing a plus.
- 2+ years’ development or test automation experience.
- Experience writing automation in Selenium a strong plus.
- Familiar with automation test frameworks such as Robot Framework.
- Familiar with bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Experience writing code in C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Self-driven, will work under minimum supervision and finds creative solutions to interesting problems.
Back to top