Visas & Compliance Coordinator
The Visas & Compliance Coordinator role is a pivotal role in providing necessary visa and immigration support to the Visas & Compliance Manager. This includes, but not limited to ensuring compliance with all UK Home Office legislation administering visa applications and serving as a key point of contact for students undertaking campus rotation.
- Administer and ensure the School’s compliance with student immigration policies as mandated by the UK Home Office and relevant accreditation authorities.
- Partner with Registry to ensure appropriate student data is recorded and maintained in compliance with UK Home Office rules, including attendance records and maintenance of up-to-date passport/visa information in student files.
- Ensure attendance is monitored on a weekly basis for all Tier 4 students. This will include but not limited to documenting attendance, holding attendance meetings with students, and chasing professors for any outstanding attendance forms.
- Undertake regular checks to ensure that we hold the correct documentation for students.
- Monitor and ensure accurate and up to date audit trails for all CAS applications.
- Maintain processes and documentation for compliance with UK legislation
- Serve as the key point of contact for visa support to students undertaking campus rotation.
- Ensure that the provision of advice to international students operates in accordance with the rules and the standards of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and the UKCISA/AISA Code of Ethics, including the maintenance of confidential case notes.,
- To liaise with the incoming students, their recruiters and the Visas & Compliance Services team in collecting the information necessary for Hult to process visa documents to students.
- To respond promptly and accurately to telephone and email enquiries in accordance with good customer care principles.
- To provide on-going support predominantly by phone to incoming students on the visa application process, answering questions and referring to expert sources when necessary.
- Provide additional support to the Operations team, as may be required.
- Familiarity and understanding of the UK student visa process.
- Strong attention to detail – particularly with regards to understanding policy & procedure.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-energy, demanding environment.
- Ability to perform outgoing calls and emails follow up in a professional, positive and fast manner.
- Fluency in English, with demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work to targets to meet deadlines.
- Ability to treat concerns of students and other stakeholders with respect and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating exceptional time management, organization, and judgment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent phone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – particularly the data filtering & pivot table functions.
- +1 year’s work experience in a similar immigration & compliance position in an academic environment
Application close date: Once position is filled
Position start date: 24th October, 2016
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Back to top