Hult International Business School is seeking a motivated customer-service-oriented professional as a Visas and Compliance Coordinator located at our Cambridge, MA campus.
This position will be responsible for all activities in support of providing seamless and exceptional service to the university’s international population. This position will be the key contact and resource to ensure a positive student experience at the onset. Working very closely with Student Services, Academics, and Registrar, this position will liaise with stakeholders to accurately advise on immigration matters.
The Visas and Compliance Coordinator is required to be certified and serve as a Designated School Official (DSO), approved by the Department of Homeland Security, and is charged with the processing of initial and transfer I-20 forms, as well as advising incoming students and currently enrolled students on F-1 visa regulations and benefits. This individual must have the ability to adapt responses to various situations and circumstances, use past precedence in problem-solving, and exhibit exceptional follow-up skills. This is a student-facing role, which requires a positive attitude, and strong organizational and communication skills both in-person and through various mediums of communication.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) to federal programs governing the support of international students within in the U.S.
- Liaise with Enrollment Advisors in order to develop best practices and resolve issues for student caseload.
- Advise a large caseload of international students through the U.S. immigration process.
- Maintain student records and produce regular reports on the status of visa applications from Hult’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Assist with federally mandated compliance requirements related to the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Facilitate pre-arrival and post-arrival visa information sessions.
- Create and maintain Visas and Compliance-related content, documents, and forms on Hult’s student portal.
- Assists in advising currently enrolled international students in maintaining F-1 status, securing social security numbers, student employment, obtaining externship authorization, and applying for post-graduation optional practical training.
- Conducting information sessions in-person and virtually in webinar formats.
- Minimum, completion of Bachelor’s Degree
- S. citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Status (to comply with legal requirements for issuing immigration documents).
- Experience working with SEVIS
- Knowledge of immigration-related laws, and Department of State and Department of Homeland Security regulations and procedures.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-energy, demanding environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving capacity
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating exceptional time management, organization, and judgment.
- Flexibility with scheduling during peak spring/summer months and some weekends.
Please note you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple-accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything. And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way. We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength. Mission statement We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you. Legal Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.