Vice President of Technology
VP of Technology
EF Education First – Tours Business Solutions
Are you a technology leader who is looking for a role that is truly global in scope? Do you love architecting systems to innovate and strategically drive business operations? Are you a skilled team builder? If you answered yes to these questions, this could be the perfect role for you!
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
The VP of Technology of EF Tours Business Solutions will be responsible for revamping the operations of our Tours businesses through technology, enabling us to produce even higher quality tours at our notoriously affordable price points. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will have the opportunity to build a new team of 6 – 8 developers and will be a key member of the executive team that drives strategy for land and flight operations. The VP will serve as the main tech business partner for all of our Tours business presidents, both in Europe and Boston, and will collaborate regularly with the tech team in Boston.
You need . . .
- 10+ years of tech expertise and team leadership experience
- Deep Agile development experience and understanding
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design
- Aptitude for building innovative systems that integrate seamlessly with legacy systems
- Demonstrated mastery of full-stack development for large scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of current and emerging technologies, software development and analysis
- Cross-platform knowledge with strong familiarity with both .NET and open source technology
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing and cloud-based services
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in data integrity and information security
- Experience building, developing and managing tech teams
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Vision, technical depth, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit
- A nothing is impossible attitude, backed by creativity and execution
- English fluency
- University degree
You get . . .
- Real ownership and the opportunity to build a new team
- A unique chance to work for a global company, but still enjoy the atmosphere of a small team
- The ability to create innovative solutions to some of our most important and interesting challenges
- An environment that thrives on innovation
- To feel great about your product and the impact it makes on your customers’ lives
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top