Job Title: Venue Services Team Member (Porter/Security)
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports To: Venue Services Team Leader
Full time: 12 hour shifts (days and evenings - 4 on, 4 off, including weekends)
Ashridge House is looking for an energetic and positive person to join our exciting Venue Service Team at Ashridge House. The Venue Services team play a vital part in Ashridge House’s ability to deliver top service to our corporate and private clients and guests, as well as keeping the house secure.
Ashridge House is going through a very exciting development, where we are exploring how to become the premier destination for executive education, conferences, and weddings, by delivering the Ashridge experience through a seamless, unique and client centric journey. And we want you to be a part of making that a reality!
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a fun and dynamic organization whilst delivering a 5 star service to all of our guests.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up rooms for weddings, private functions, corporate events and other activity taking place as per the clients requirements
- Ensuring IT equipment in meeting rooms is set-up and ready for clients whilst being the first line of assistance for troubleshooting
- Welcoming guests to Ashridge House on their arrival (and checking them in when required and assisting with luggage on the guests arrival and departure)
- Taking in deliveries and ensuring items are transported around the site as required
- Ensuring the site is clean, tidy and safe. Cleaning areas to ensure Ashridge House looks amazing for all guests, including lounges, meeting rooms, toilets and regular waste management
- Covering reception desk when required during the evenings, checking guests in, dealing with requests and answering phones
- Providing 24/7 security of the site
- Being part of a team of first responders for emergencies including first aid, security incidents and fire alarms
- Regular maintenance checks to ensure the property is in great order
- Working closely with colleagues across the business to ensure excellent delivery every time
- Client centric mindset – Nothing is impossible!
- A friendly personality, greeting guests on a regular basis
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Must want to work in a physically demanding role
- Must hold a full driving license and have access to your own transport
- Confident with the use of audio/visual equipment
- SIA license
- First aid certificate
- 17 days paid holiday
- Free access to on site gym
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free on-site parking
- Access to our award winning online learning platform ‘Ashridge Leadership Live’
Set in 190 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Ashridge House is home to Hult Ashridge Executive Education – a world class leader in providing education to many recognizable household brands around the world. The magnificent house dating back 800 years is considered one of the finest event venues in the UK. Having hosted parties for Kings and Queens, Ashridge now provides that same royal service to all its guests whether they be at Ashridge House for a wedding, afternoon tea, educational programs or those using our newly opened Courtyard Café.