UX/ UI Designer
UI/UX Designer (full-time permanent)
Go Ahead Tours
Go Ahead Tours is looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team, working at our Boston headquarters. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll work closely with writers, other designers, art directors and developers and business stakeholders to define and translate the voice, look and vision of a global travel brand.
You should be a UI/UX rock star—part user experience designer and researcher, part graphic designer and part information architect. A passion for travel doesn’t hurt either! Your approach and point of view is user-centered and you should thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving atmosphere.
In this position, you will work as part of a team of designers creating digital customer experiences that enable people to see the world, experience new cultures and return transformed. You will utilize a variety of methods and problem-solving tools and collaborate across teams to define useable, useful and delightful end-to-end user experiences for Go Ahead’s ecosystem of websites and mobile applications.
- 1 or more years of user experience design, experience with e-commerce web applications a plus
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary, collaborative team
- Strong abilities in conceptualization and visual communication
- Familiar with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in presenting concepts directly to stakeholders
- BFA in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field preferred
- Knowledge of Wordpress / HTML / CSS is a plus
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team working both independently and with our Senior designers.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that the project details are communicated correctly, and features are implemented as envisioned
- Present UI/UX solutions to our client partners
- Review provided web analytics and present UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Monitor competitive and complimentary product experiences and trends
- Help document best practices and identify opportunities to deliver innovative and immersive creation, sharing and selling experiences
- Share insights regularly with the larger creative and marketing teams
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy?
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, increases to four weeks your second year
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Travel discounts
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
Go Ahead Tours offers industry-leading group tours to destinations around the world. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to Open the World Through Education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
Back to top