The EF Education First EdTech Team is seeking a talented, experienced and User Researcher to plan, gather and analyze user research to inform and inspire the design and development of our offline, web and mobile based educational products and services. Since English as a second-language products are core to our business, we seek bilingual applicants who can, as needed, lead research in either Mandarin or English.
- Work closely with Product Design and Academic Content teams for cross platform products, to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
- Design, conduct, analyze, and present research in a fast-paced software development environment, from innovation, early strategic direction to post-release validation.
- Lead internal design thinking and visioning workshops to translate user insights into product direction.
- Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Distill project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings presentations.
- Two+ years’ experience in a product research role at a consumer-focused company.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Human/Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience and expertise in qualitative research methods including planning, reporting and fieldwork methods.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, familiarity with quantitative research methods, experience with A/B testing, and willingness to integrate quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Fluency and ability to lead research in either Mandarin or English. Excellent written and oral skills to communicate clearly and negotiate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.