User Experience Researcher
EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the United States to create global travel programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team is a hub of talented engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey – from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with Tours Engineering, you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful front-end interactions for our customers, solve large scale data optimization problems, and get your hands on everything in between.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, selfless, User Experience Researcher to join the Research and Experience Design team at EF Educational Tours. Our customers’ experience spans many months and includes a multitude of touch points. You will be working to advocate for the teachers, students and parents that travel with us. It is our team’s mission to make that experience a beautiful one by seamlessly integrating their online and offline experiences. As the newest addition to our team, you will continue to evolve our research practice, with the goal of using insights about our our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to influence design and inform product strategy. You will also have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with other researchers for EF Tours through our Research Chapter.
Who you are
- You have a curious mind, a passion for understanding people, and are a lifelong learner
- You have a few years of experience conducting research at a company and can demonstrate hands on experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods (usability testing, interviews, surveys, ethnography, A/B testing, etc. – the usual suspects).
- You are comfortable recruiting, scheduling and leading innovative research efforts
- You are a skilled communicator and can distill a complex set of data into insight, strategy and design direction
- You are a strong advocate for human needs
- You are a dot-connector and collaborator. You believe that to be successful you must form relationships with people from all areas of the business
- You are comfortable with things that are undefined – we are a company that believes in building the plane while we are flying it, and you would love to understand all of the pieces to the puzzle
- You are excited to drive the research vision for the technology team and share your expertise with the department
- You are excited by the idea of participating in a larger Tours Research Chapter, which includes passionate researchers from marketing, sales, data science, product development and more.
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting UX Research for a company
- Experience with all aspects of research from recruiting, to moderating, to synthesizing data
- Ability to work independently to plan, conduct and report on research for multiple product teams
- Expert collaboration skills with a demonstrated experience working with multiple UX Designers, Product Owners, development teams and stakeholder groups
- Compelling storytelling skills
- Experience working in Agile development is a plus
Let’s talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in two of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about Education Tours, visit https://www.eftours.com
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
Back to top