User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Labs at EF Tours
The Research and Experience Design team is focused on optimizing the end-to-end experience of planning and travelling on a tour for teachers, students, and parents. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and endlessly curious User Experience Designer to join our team.
In this role you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team to connect the dots between business needs and user needs so that you can create an optimal user experience. Within your domain, you will own the UX process from start to finish, ensuring that we are delivering solutions that delight our customers.
- Have a curious mind, a passion for solving problems, and are a lifelong learner
- Have hands-on experience with user-flows, sketching, storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping and visual design.
- Passionate about understanding (and advocating for) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Are comfortable digging into the business side of design
- Are a clear communicator who can distill a complex set of information, into insight, strategy, and design direction
- Are a dot-connector and collaborator. You believe that to be successful you must form relationships with people from all areas of the business.
- Are comfortable with things that are undefined – we are a company that values the idea of building the plane while we are flying it
- You know how to read the room and assess opportunities. This means you won’t hesitate to challenge the status quo, but also know when, where, and how, to dial it back.
- Are a tight-knit team passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end experience for our customers
- Are a diverse team with a unique set of strengths (think T-shape)
- Believe that in every challenge hides an opportunity (or two!)
- Are life long learners, and constantly do so from each other, our UX book club, and frequent knowledge sharing.
- Truly like each other and believe team drinks/ lunches/avocado toast breakfasts are just good team spirit.
The Perks (and this is the abbreviated list)
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks a year thereafter
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous 401k matching plan
A tiny bit about EF Education First
The company was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. Over the last several decades, EF has grown to more than 46,000 teachers and staff in 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Big, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate that way. It’s the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. That’s pretty cool, and not something you find at just any company.
Back to top