University Pathway Manager
Are you passionate about delivering top quality academic programmes?
Do you continually strive for the best outcomes for your students?
Are you a natural leader, looking for an exciting management experience?
If so, the University Pathway Manager role could be for you!
As a core member of our academic management team, you will have responsibility for the management of our EF University Preparation courses. You will deliver high quality programmes smoothly and efficiently, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will support students throughout their courses in order for them to achieve the best possible results and university places. You will build on the excellent reputation of the UP programmes in Cambridge both inside and outside the organisation.
- To ensure that students are receiving a first class academic programme leading to the achievement of their academic goals
- To ensure that students receive a high level of Customer Service in the Academic department
- To recruit and retain the best possible team and ensure that all UP staff are supported and continually developing
- To monitor student evaluations, implement improvements based on customer feedback, always working towards the targets agreed each year
- To ensure EF best practice is followed in UP and that criteria from accrediting bodies are met and maintained
- To ensure school’s budgetary targets are met
- To help maintain ‘one team’, where the different departments liaise and interact effectively and efficiently.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure the efficient and effective running of the EF University Preparation programs within budget parameters
- Work with the DOS to recruit/induct teachers for University Preparation elective modules.
- Liaise with teachers with regards to student progress.
- Observe lessons and give constructive feedback to teachers.
- Deliver relevant EF University Preparation modules and cover for absent teachers as necessary
- Assure a rigorous exam procedure for UP programmes to include exam writing, marking and the administration of the exam
- Provide regular personal tutoring sessions to all University Preparation course participants to ensure they are progressing at an appropriate rate.
- Deal with student queries and problems sympathetically and professionally and/or pass students on to the correct person to deal with their problem.
- Provide regular counselling and advice to students to ensure they gain places on courses and at institutions suitable for their needs.
- Adhere to all deadlines set for student university applications, supporting students in being efficient and time-conscious
- Coordinate UP admissions together with the UP Operations/Admissions Manager and maintain up to date records and database of all UP applications.
- Assist the DOS in ensuring that attendance records are maintained and send warning letters where necessary.
- Report as required on students’ academic progress and on the progress of all university applications.
- Work together with the UP Director and Operations Manager with a view to growth and expansion of the EF University Preparation programs in school.
- Contribute to course development as part of the UK management team for UP
- Experience of academic management and appropriate qualifications
- Creative and inspiring; a person students and teachers would readily go to for advice and support
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Aware of developments in the UK education system, with a willingness for self-development
- Ability to delegate, mentor and motivate team of staff
- Strong customer service skills and excellent communication/people skills
- Enjoys working in busy & varied environment; flexible attitude to work and creative problem solver
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Full-time, 5 days per week, 08:00-17:00 / 10:30-19:30
- Holiday entitlement 20 days per annum pro rata
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top