University Foundation Programme Teachers
We are looking for teachers to join our University Foundation Programme in Oxford’s largest international school for the following subjects or combination of subjects:
- Advanced Language Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Business Specialist Modules (Including Accounting)
- Humanities Specialist Modules
- Study Skills & Research Modules
The Foundation Year prepares international students for Undergraduate, Second Year Entry and Master’s Degree level study at university and is structured around A2 & AS (QCF Level 3) course material (and above for Second Year Entry). Positions are of a temporary part-time nature, but long term prospects are possible. Teaching hours per week vary, depending on the subject and term.
- University degree level education
- Ideally, have some relevant teaching experience (university level for Second Year entry students).
- CELTA qualified for teaching Advanced Language Skills and IELTS exam preparation
- DELTA/PGCE qualified for teaching EAP
- Have an understanding of the British university application and entrance system
- Be sensitive to the requirements of students from a range of educational backgrounds.
- Be willing and motivated to participate in occasional teacher training or other school staff events.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top