UI Designer, Cultural Care Au Pair
Cultural Care Au Pair (a division of EF Education First) is seeking a UI Designer to join our growing team and oversee the look, feel, and flow of all things digital.
From designing mobile apps, to concepting digital product flows, all the way through to leading the design direction of our front-facing web properties, the UI Designer will be the point person for all of our interactive creative efforts.
As part of this truly global team, you’ll work out of our Boston office, but interface regularly with our team in Lucerne, Switzerland, helping to guide the digital experience needs of twenty-three different operating markets.
Like being a small fish in a big pond? Want to be a tiny cog in a huge machine? Enjoy working only on one narrow piece of a large project? Then this isn’t the role for you.
This is a hands-dirty, hands-on position. It’s a position that requires someone who truly loves the work it takes to bring an idea from napkin sketch, all the way through to live product. It’s a position where making things and making things happen is not only possible, but necessary.
Sound good so far? Read on…
- You’ll work as a key member of our marketing technology team, owning the customer-facing design for all of our digital products and channels.
- You’ll be the connection between marketing, product, creative, and technology, ensuring that everyone’s needs are met and reflected in the final product.
- But you’ll ensure that the needs of our users are met above all else.
- You’ll work to tune up our existing products (there are A LOT of them), but you’ll also have your radar constantly tuned to recognize and surface new opportunities that we may be missing.
- You’ll turn ideas into sketches, sketches into wireframes, and wireframes into designs.
- You’ll confidently present your designs and concepts to internal stakeholders.
- You’ll collaborate with our front and back end developers, turning those designs into working prototypes and fully functioning products.
- You’ll inspire and mentor other team members, getting others excited about what your expertise and skillset can bring to their projects.
- You’ll be a good person, and generally fun to have around the office.
- You have at least 3 years experience developing and working on front-end, digital design, and UI projects.
- You are inspired and driven to create beautiful digital experiences and engaging product experiences.
- You are process driven, and understand the steps required to turn a great idea into a beautiful and functional product.
- You are as comfortable designing sexy icons in Photoshop, as you are creating wireframes and clickable prototypes in InVision, Sketch, or whatever your preferred tool happens to be.
- You possess a broad understanding HTML5 and CSS, and are comfortable working with back-end developers one code-ready designs.
- You speak enough marketing and enough tech to effectively work between the two teams.
- You have a solid understanding of current web standards and best practices, and an insatiable desire to stay on top of what’s happening in the digital design space.
- You can speak credibly, sell ideas, and confidently advocate for the importance of design in everything we do.
- You are able to understand the business need behind each brief, and enjoy solving complex problems with elegant design.
- You are a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication across a global organization.
Responses that do not include a link to an online portfolio will not be considered.
Cultural Care Au Pair is the leading provider of intercultural childcare and educational exchange since 1989. Cultural Care Au Pair is a part of EF, founded in 1965, the world’s largest private educational company centered around language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange, and academic programs
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top