Tour Experience Manager - Global Leadership Summits and Special Interest Tours
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural and natural sites in the world. You can learn more on www.eftours.com
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 43,000 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. To date, millions of people have benefited from an EF program.
Tour Experience Manager – Global Leadership Summits and CTT and College Study Tours
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic candidate with experience, to join a data driven Operations department focused on optimization and continuous improvement. You will be responsible for the production, and on-tour experience of our Global Leadership Summits, working closely with our Sales and Product Innovation departments situated in Boston, USA. Click here for more information on our Global Leadership Summits.
This is a dual role. In addition to overseeing the operations side of Global Leadership Summits (50%), you will also work closely with the Customized, College Study Tours and Girl Scout TEM team, supporting both with sourcing of CTT and academic components, as well as a potential small TEM function within this team.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Work proactively with Product Innovation team in Boston to develop itineraries, program and content
- Develop / maintain an allocation plan for each tour which meets cost, quality, and capacity limitations
- Work closely with Regional managers on Tour Director allocations and product specific Tour Director trainings
- Perform tour analysis to identify potential pain points and suggest itinerary improvements
- Source new immersive activities for the summit itineraries and maintain good partner relationships
- Book components and communicate group specific information to suppliers
- Monitor projected cost per tour and continuously adapt allocations when needed
- Conduct pre-departure Tour Director calls for all Summit groups and conduct final allocation “tweaks”
- Proactively monitor on-tour experience via received feedback
- Work closely with the Product Innovation Team in Boston to contract all necessary elements of the Global Leadership Summit
- In conjunction with the PI team, provide input on content, look and feel for summit.
- Create and develop all necessary event and logistics plans for the events
- Recruit, train and manage teams of EF staff to execute on the event plans
- Oversee all operations and logistics at the event, as well as manage the operations staff team.
Continuously question the status-quo and look for ways to improve; inspire colleagues to do the same
- Strives to create a collaborative environment on day to day basis and demonstrates commitment to teamwork as well as flexibility to help colleagues when needed and share information and identified best practices openly with colleagues
- Spread positive energy and make the workplace a fun environment
- Act as ambassador for Language Immersion within the Operations department
- Develop effective networks within Operations as well as with Product Innovation team
Skills and Experience
- Previous relevant experience
- Experience working on EF events, or external events is a plus
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer experience
- Ability to communicate and build networks effectively
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a diligent and organized fashion
This role requires some international travel, visiting our US headquarters in Boston, trips to Global Leadership Summit destinations in Europe (Berlin in 2018, Davos in 2019) to visit suppliers and run Tour Director Trainings.
EF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top