Tour Experience Manager – Educational Tours - Japan
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate to join the Tokyo Regional Office Operations department focused on producing our Educational Tours.
As a Tour Experience Manager (TEM) you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of programs in Japan. By working closely with colleagues across the Operations department, your main role is to ensure a beautiful experience for our customers both leading up to, and during the program.
In your role you will also liaise with our Sales and Product Innovation teams situated in North America, to help develop itineraries and educational content in our programs. Click here for more information.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Build and execute on a booking strategy for each experience (activity, meal, guides) which meets cost and capacity limitations in line with set quality standards.
• Responsible for overall tour flow, customer experience and quality score (NPS, Overall On Tour Experience, Stay ratings) for tour portfolio
• Continuously improve the logistics for each itinerary to minimize travel time and maximize educational value.
• Working closely with sourcing and tour director management positions to ensure allocations done in timely manner for the tour
• Deliver on customer requests and preferences by maintaining clear communication with suppliers and Tour Directors.
• Project manage all on tour emergencies within portfolio and proactively identify risk areas.
• Monitor customer feedback during the Program and provide support when required.
• Support our sales staff with expert product knowledge to help them sell and adequately prepare our customers before traveling.
• Through deeper analysis of your Programs you will be expected to provided expert insights to help drive improvement in customer experience and product innovation.
• Looks for ways to improve and inspires colleagues to do the same.
• Spreads positive energy and makes the workplace a fun environment.
• Strives to create a collaborative and dynamic environment on day to day basis.
• Shares information and identified best practices openly with colleagues.
• Puts the customer in the center and is service minded.
Requirements for the role
• Language: Fluency in Japanese and English
• Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and good working knowledge of MS Excel.
• Travel experience is a plus
We are 52.000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 630 offices and schools across 52 countries, with a global presence in 116 countries.
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!